topad

02 June 2009

Raj's new move

Well we can finally see Raj's new move, the Tkatchev on P Bars. You can see him doing at the 2009 World Stars in Moscow here:



And also in training here:


When I heard that it was a Tkatchev on P Bars I guessed it would be like a Tippelt, but was wondering whether he would be doing it to upper arms or to hang. As you can see, he indeed does it to hang. Although it is quite similar to a Tippelt, I think it looks pretty cool. I just hope the FIG actually name it after him. In the past I have seen a number of new moves either not being allowed or not being given a name, which is disappointing as I think one of the great things about gymnastics is innovation and the FIG seems to be actively discouraging it :(

Update: I just read that it is going to be given an 'E' value. Well I'm glad that it has been given a value, although I'm a little surprised that it was rated an 'E' and not a 'D' which is the value of a Tippelt.

No comments:

Post a Comment